Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Never mind, no happy dancing

Okay so today Heather finally got to go back to "school." Everything went well in the beginning, woke up, got out the door, and made the drop off with out a problem. If fact Skylar and I got home had breakfast, cleaned the house, and went for a walk. We had a nice time. While we were walking Skylar fell asleep so instead of luggin her all the way in the house I just put her in the car and we were off to get Heather, just a little early. So we get there and I guess it was somebodies birthday cause they were having a party, so I just went and sat down and waited till they were done. So during this time I start observing things, first 2 little boys got up and went to the bathroom and went back and finished eating, not one teacher noticed that they did not wash their hands and it seemed that the teachers were more interested in talking to each other then talking to the kids. So on the way out the reception people stopped me and told me there was a problem with our paperwork. In a nutshell they say we need to pay another $50, because we supposedly get a Basic Housing allowance (which we certainly do not) And then they go on to say I need to find a job with in 90 days to keep it at that pay scale or it will go to the highest level (excuse me). So by this time I am floored and frustrated I call my poor husband (who by the way had no idea what he was getting into when he answered the phone) and completely go off. I know it's not his fault, but he married me he is the one who gets to hear me vent. So basically his tells me not to worry about it he'll call them and deal with it (and this is why I married him). So he gets home and basically tells me that lady is a dingbat and doesn't know what she is talking about with the payments and he is going to talk to the director tomorrow about it, then he explains that the lady basically said "it is more Daycare then preschool" so they expect most parents to have jobs. OK I understand that if you are a daycare, But they called it a pre-school. My child doesn't need daycare, she needed a "pre-school". So basically we have decided that we will let her finish out the week and then just do it for a drop in bases, till we find what we are looking for. I think we will do 1-2 days a week just so she can have so interaction with kids. That way it is also only costing me $3 an hour. I was soo hoping it was going to go better for her. When we got into the car and after I finish my conversation with Ray, Heather and I start talking about her day and the first thing she said was "I liked my other school better!" I didn't reply but I was thinking "well, hell yeah you do!"

2 comments:

FletcherFamily said...

Oh man that really stinks! I hope you can find another school for her to go to soon.

Anonymous said...

Awww! SORRY Gina! You'll find a good place soon. Love you, Misty