Today while we are doing our school work, I am explaining to Heather the difference between letters, words and the importance of spelling. I walk out the room for a second and when I walk back in my lovely totally non-emotional (yeah right) child is sitting there is tears. Here is the conversation that followed
Mommy: "Heather what is wrong why are you crying?"
Heather: "Because I can't spell or make words!!!!"
Mommy: "Honey you are four and we are learning how to do our letters and words, you have to learn how to do it, mommy learned how to do it when she was little and soo will you."
Heather: "BUT, mommy I wanna be like you!"
Mommy: "Honey, I am 30, I am 25 years older then you, that's why I know so much."
then she begins to sob
Heather "I WANT TO BE 30 TOOOO!"
I kind of giggle
Mommy: " Ohh Heather, Enjoy being four, it's so much better"
So yes it begins, my child no longer wants to be a child, already.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Lol... Too cute! I really needed a laugh tonight... Only If I could go back to being that little again... Glad to see that you guys are doing well :)
Post a Comment