Okay, so I have gotten this nasty FLU that seems to be going around and yes most of Wednesday my head was either stuck in a toilet or on a pillow. So Wednesday morning I wake up at 6:30 to find my oldest already up and she had eaten breakfast, thanks to Ray. I come down stairs to relax cause I can't get comfortable in bed. I think I laid there just moaning for about an hour, Skylar woke up and we came down stairs. Poor baby was trying to make me feel better and wanted to cuddle me. ( cause that is what she wants when she sick) No sooner then she wraps her little arms around me, I had to jump up and run to the bathroom. I think I scared the crap outta her. Thank goodness Ray walked in the front door just then, and calmed her down. Unfortunately Ray had to go back to work ( I don't think he realized how bad I was). So I lay on the couch not really realizing that I was going in and out of consciences, I finally get off the couch to find Heathers hand in the fish bowl trying to pet the fish. Skylar on the other hand is on the computer doing so sort of programming, and then go into the dinning room to find a lake has taken residence ( actually someone just spilled water, but I was delusional) So I call ray and Plead for him to come home and of course he does. After he got home I don't remember much till the next morning, I think I was in NyQuil Coma.
Yesterday I was feeling a little better and Ray had to go back to work. Wrong Decision!!! At least I was mostly awake, but was I totally present being the best little mommy I could be.....umm NO! Lets just say it got a bit quiet and I will be honest I actually enjoyed it. Until I realized that in a house with a 4 year old and a 20 month old that is not a good thing. I walk into the office and their is little papers cut up everywhere and a naked baby wearing only a diaper. At that time I decided it was nap time for all of us. After nap I am a little refreshed and a little more in my right mind. I walk into the office again and find a little clump of hair, I bring it in to the Kitchen to show Ray and as we investigate it Heather starts her little nervous giggle. I go into to talk to her and noticed that my oldest child has a completely different hair due. (I hadn't noticed it before nap) She has bangs and a little bit of layers, it actually doesn't look to bad! I laugh for the first time in 48 hrs, the only punishment she has is that she can't play with scissors unsupervised again and she has to deal the the hair cut it is going to take to fix it. Ray and I did spend the next 2 hours finding little clumps of hair here and there cause she tried to hide it. Nice!
So in turn no matter how I actually feel today, I am BETTER! I really think that stay at home mom's should get sick days, but that is just me opinion.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Wow! Hope you feel better... And make sure to post pictures of Heather's "new hair cut!" I cut my hair when I was little too... :)
Glad you are feeling better! I agree with the sick days for mommies. I dont know how it would work, but def a good idea!
OMG well it was bound to happen it does in every single family I think. Your brothers decided to do their's when they were young too. What a mess that was. Heather did a pretty good job too comparitivly!!! LOL They butchered each other's hair! Wow good to see the Fletchers too!!! Hi Kevin & Beth long time no see! Oh shoot dont even know if they can see this? lol oh well hope so! Luv ya's all Grandma Roxanne
Post a Comment