So last night we went to Boston Market and Heather order the drumstick meal w/Mac and cheese and corn bread (OK, no veggies but once a week isn't going to kill her) So she eats her dinner in about 5 Mins flat and if anyone has ever eaten dinner with this child they will verify that this is amazing because she is one of the slowest people to eat, EVER! (side note: She's going threw a growth spurt) She announce that she is still hungry and her belly needs more food. Being the bleeding heart that I am, I decide to get her something else. Ray objects, but what does he know right? More then me I guess. She chooses the sweet potatoes with the marshmallows on top, Ray again protests and says "she's only getting it for the marshmallows" So I test her, I make her try it 3 times before we buy it and "Yep" she likes it. So no longer then we get back to the table she eats all the marshmallows and no longer likes it and refuses to eat. WHAT??? Ray in his sweetest tone say "told you soo. "
So after sitting there for a little bit, analyzing her next move and deciding her only way out of it was to eat the darn potatoes. Sadly she obliged.........

YAY! She finally ate it all.....
On the way home I am still talking about the freakin sweet potatoes, explaining to Heather that I do not like being tricked and more importantly I don't like wasting money. I jokingly tell her I am going to go to the store and buy more sweet potatoes and make her eat them for all her meals tomorrow. So my adorable oldest child decides she wants to throw her hat in the the big girls ring and throws down the gauntlet. She says " That's okay mommy, I will just trick you again. I'll find away not to eat them." ( OH NO SHE DIDN'T) I had to have her repeat herself cause my child wouldn't say that to me, her mother. Yep she replied it the same way. My lovely husband turned a lovely shade a purple from laughing so hard ( I know he is thinking, "see I told you soo" again in his mind, it's not often that he is right, so you know it's being said a thousand times...in his head) My simple reply to my lovely daughter is "Well, I guess we'll see!"
Then I explain that I am going to sit there with her so she can't trick me again. I then get this response......
Next I explain that if she doesn't eat it now, she will have it for lunch and if she doesn't eat it then, she will eat it for dinner. Here reply follows.....
Cut to this morning I am making Skylar a bowl of Rice Crispies and re-heating sweet potatoes, put everything on the table and call for breakfast, and then her a very loud "Aww Man!" Skylar sits down and starts wolf down her breakfast and Heather just sits there giving the stink eye to hers. Something along the lines of this....
Then I explain that I am going to sit there with her so she can't trick me again. I then get this response......
Next I explain that if she doesn't eat it now, she will have it for lunch and if she doesn't eat it then, she will eat it for dinner. Here reply follows.....
So after sitting there for a little bit, analyzing her next move and deciding her only way out of it was to eat the darn potatoes. Sadly she obliged.........
YAY! She finally ate it all.....
So the moral of the story is that once again mommy wins! And in my opinion it doesn't make me a bad mommy to make my kids eat the food I provide and my husband works hard for, but blogging about it and posting pictures might make me a "mean mommy!"

1 comment:
LOL.
I guess you showed her!
These 4 year olds sure give us a run for our money!
Post a Comment